Part 9: Acknowledgements and referencesI would like to thank the reviewers of my early drafts of this article for their comments and corrections: Sven Delmas, Phil Gardner, Earl Lowe, Tomas Lund, John Ousterhout, Steve Pendergrast, and Brian Raney.
COSE Desktop KornShell1. Pendergrast, J. Stephen, Jr. , Graphical Programming with the CDE Desktop KornShell, The X Journal, March-April 1994, pages 39-52.
2. Pendergrast, J. Stephen, Jr. , Desktop KornShell Graphical Programming 1995. Addison Wesley.
3. Yager, Tom, Hidden Treasure, PC-Unix Connection, Open Computing March 1994 pages 141-145. (actually on wksh).
4. Rosenberg, Barry, Korn Shell Programming Tutorial, Addison Wesley
5. Young, Douglas, OSF/Motif Reference Guide, Prentice Hall
Tcl/Tk6. Morin, Richard, Tcl, Tk, and friends, UNIX REVIEW, V11 N4, April 1993, pages 93-94.
7. Ousterhout, John K. and Rowe, Lawrence A., HYPERTOOLS A revolution in GUI applications" (listed in the TOC as "Hypertools: A GUI revolution"), The X Journal, March-April 1993, pages 74-81, "
8. Ousterhout, John K., Hypergraphics and Hypertext in Tk, The X Resource, Issue 5, Winter 1993, pages 113-128.
9. Ousterhout, John K., Tcl and the Tk Toolkit, Addison Wesley, 1994.
10. Richard, Kevin and Johnson, Eric F. Tickled Pink (Cross Thoughts), UNIX Review, March 1994, V12 N3, p87-90.
MetaCard11. The Best Products of 1992, UNIXWorld Magazine, January 1993 pages 46-55.
12. Fickes, David, MetaCard: Useful but tough, Sun World, January 1993, pages 55-57
13. Burgard, Mike, Programming for the Masses, UNIXWorld, May 1993, pages 109-112.
14. Southerton, Alan, Beyond the Desktop, Modern Unix, Wiley, 1993 pages 204-208.
15. Deignan, Michael, Multifaceted MetaCard, SCO World, January 1996.
16. Raney, Scott, The Scripting Revolution, The X Journal, November-December 1995.
17. Goodman, Danny, The Complete HyperCard 2.0 Handbook, Bantam, 1990
18. Winkler, Dan and Kamins, Scot, HyperTalk 2.0: The Book, Bantam, 1990.
Perl1. Wall, Larry and Schwartz, Randal L, Programming Perl, O'Reilly & Associates, 1990.
Back to Conclusion
Up to Table of Contents